Monday, May 2, 2011

Who I Am

Things I know about myself:
  • I really like reading
  • I eat sprinkles by the jarful
  • Sometimes I wear stretchypants in my room- just for fun.
  • I have some odd habits. These include: counting things I see by threes when I get bored, writing words with my fingers on the backs of my hands and pulling my baby toenails off (I know, it's gross).
  • I am always late. If I tell you I'll be there at 1:00, automatically assume 1:45. This way, if I am early by some chance, you will be very happy. Or caught off guard (this happens more often).
  • I have a lot of thoughts that are very coherent and intelligent. They float around in my head and then they bubble up and I can't sit still. By this point, trying to tell someone my thoughts usually comes out as a string of unintelligible jibberish. Example: I have a lovely thought about the beautiful family next door. It comes out as: "Babies... mom... dad... love... nice... home..."
  • Sometimes I feel like people don't take me seriously. This is probably due to my speech (see above). 
  • I sing loudly while I drive. This is embarrassing at stoplights.
  • I also sing loudly when home alone. This is embarrassing when your mother pulls into the driveway and runs in, frantically asking why you were screaming and holding a phone in her hand to dial 911. 
Hm. The "What am I" question has stumped me since I was a little girl/tomboy. I wish I could offer an answer that would satisfy whomever (whoever? I always get confused with that, too) is reading this, but I can't. I can't give a few sentences that make the reader say, "Hey, that's her. That makes sense"  after reading them.

What I can do, however, is tell you what I do know (see above). Sometimes I actually feel that other people have a better insight into my personality than I do.

But then again, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment